Who we are...
Breakwater Inspections is owned and operated by John Howard, ACI, TPI, and Certified Professional Property Inspector.
John’s experience includes:
• 25 years of experience in the business
including home renovation, remodeling, and
• Completed and passed a 180-hour
home inspection certification program
required for state licensing
• ASHI Certified Inspector (ACI)
• Passed the National Home Inspectors
Exam from the Examination Board of
Professional Home Inspectors®, Inc.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering and MBA
• AARST-NRPP Certified Radon Professional
• Registered with the State of Maine for air and water radon testing
Company registration: SPC268 and PSP26801
• InterNACHI Certified Professional Property Inspector
• Maine certified Third-Party Inspector (TPI) for residential building code, indoor residential ventilation code,
residential energy code. TPI #205
• US EPA certified in Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP)
Certificate Number: R-I-128764-13-00003
• Professional Member of the Maine Coalition of Home Inspection Professionals (MeCHIPs)
• Certified Residential Thermographer
John is a member of the following organizations:
• American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
• International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
• International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2)
• National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP)
• Association of Radon and Scientists and Technologists (AARST)
• Maine Coalition of Home Inspection Professionals (MeCHIPs)
• Maine Indoor Air Quality Council (MIAQC)
• Maine Association of Building Efficiency Professionals (MABEP)
• National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
• Breakwater Inspections is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating.
United States Department of Agriculture - Rural Development
John is qualified and approved for Rural Development inspections.